There are a few things that almost every household in Wisconsin have in common: swimming pools, barbeques, showshovels and snowblowers, Packer attire, and SNOWMOBILES. The Wright family are now official Wisconsinites - they have acquired snowmobiles, thanks to a special family that love them beyond measure. And they only cost a weekly double batch of chocolate chip cookies for the rest of their lives.

Riding at the cabin, on 40 acres, provides more scope for trying out their new toys. At the home farm, they are limited to a puny 5 acre track in a boring circle. At the cabin, there are HILLS and BUMPS, and TREES to dodge, and mostly lots of room for misjudgements of how fast you were really going...

The three older kids can ride alone, taking turns between riding and then coming in for hot cocoa (with marshmellows) while the next kid goes out to see how cold they can get riding the snowmobile before their nose pops off like a broken icicle. The three younger punks ride with mom and dad. But it's still fun!

This may look like a snoozle, whispering sweet nothings in her rosy ear. Not so. They have their heads together to decide who is taking Max next, and they have TO SHOUT BECAUSE THOSE MACHINES ARE NOISY, DONCHA KNOW?!!

Lee: "I'm Mom's favorite son, she tells me so all the time! It's because I'm so danged cute, I'm irresistable, I'm the sparkle in her life, I'm the only one who never causes her any trips to the doctor. Well, there was that one - um, maybe two - three? really? - trips to the dentist. Last time was when I knocked the corner off my tooth. I didn't mean to. The same tooth that grew in to replace the whole tooth I knocked out a couple of years ago when I was little. I didn't mean to. I'm 8 now. And I'm her favorite, did I tell you? Yeah, her very favorite son! Yep, that's me!"


And heeeeere's Max.
"They just THINK I don't know how to run dis here ting, I'm all over it, you betcha!"
2 comments:
I can't believe how big they are getting!!
Makes me cringe seeing all of them with no helmets on. Very scary.
Post a Comment