Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Here comes Grama-claus, here comes Grama-claus...

Once you turn 50, the world is your oyster - but nudging 60 is even better! For one thing, besides wearing any shade of purple that catches your eye, you have your permission to do whatever is left on your "Kick the Bucket List", and you do it with style, grace, pazazz - and yeah, maybe just a few palpitations. But you do it anyway, 'cuz WHY NOT!!
So here's my latest adventure: snowmobiles. Well that's a no-brainer, living where snow is measured in feet. But GRANDMA on the snowmobile ?? Even Max had to grin at that! I rarely turn down the opportunity to experience something new, unless it threatens life and limb. This was borderline....

Me: "You're kidding, right? You SURE you want me on that thing?" (thinking to self, I know he loves me, but there's always that MIL factor...)
Brent: "Heck yah, nothin' to it! Like riding a bike!" (thinking to self, this'll get her ol' heart pumpin')

Brent: "OK, here's the go lever, put your feet in those slots - the engine heat will keep 'em warm."

Me: "How do I turn it on?" (See how brave I am already?)

Max (yellow/blue) and Jayden (orange) show me how it's done - notice Brent's smirk? Also notice how he hasn't mentioned how to STOP the thing?
Max gives me some last moment advice: "Go fast, Grandma!!!!"
And thar' she gooooooes.....
Man, I gotta tell ya, that was a blast! I got up to 15 mph! Followed Brent and Jayden all over the trails, up and down hills, over the jumps and whoop-de-whoops (BIG bumps going down hill - waahoooooo!)

But I'm waiting for the helmets with the face shields before I do that again - wind chill is nothing to laugh at in this country, you can have a popsicle for a nose in 28 seconds...

And next year, I'm asking Santa for a snow suit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were able to save your nose AND YOUR LIFE!!!!! Looks as if you have a new sport! Horses seem pretty mellow now after seeing those pictures, huh? So check that one off your list and lets find more adventures when you come visit! Love ya, Kathy (a rose in the desert!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's great to see some of the things I have heard so much about! Very cool.